Tag size and measured size may be different, so please take only measured size into consideration before you bid or purchase a pair of Jeans/Pants. Even if you normally wear a certain size in a particular brand, the measurements can still vary widely and you should never trust the tag size! The tag size is based on your real waist measurement and the waistband of the pants sits closer to your hips than your actual waistline. This is the reason the waistband measurement can be different than the tag size. Low waist jeans sometimes have a larger waist measurement than the tag size because they are meant to sit below the natural waistline. That’s why tag size is for reference only.
The correct way to measure the waist is across the top of the back with the natural dip (this is how they drape around you, NOT aligned together). Double for total waist measurement around.
To make sure the pants will fit, measure your favorite fitting jeans/pants putting them down flat and un-stretched. Measure using the guide below to find your best fit.
How To Measure:
Lay Jeans/Pants flat, face up and do not stretch or pull fabric.
- Waist: Measure flat across the back waistband from one side to the other with the natural dip. Double the number to get actual waist size.
- Inseam: Measure from the crotch seam to the bottom of the leg on the inside seam.
- Outseam: Measure from the bottom of the leg to the upper edge of the waistband.
- Leg Opening: Measure across the leg opening from side to side then double the number.
- Front Rise: Measure from the crotch seam to the top of the front waistband.
- Back Rise: Similar to the front rise, measure from the crotch seam to the top of the back waistband.
- Hips: Measure across the base of the zipper from edge to edge then double the number.
Ultra-Low Rise: 7″ Rise or Less. Sits several inches below navel (waistband sits 4-5″ below the navel), approx. 1-2″ zipper.
- Low Rise: 7 – 9 1/2″ Rise. Sits below navel (waistband sits 2-3″ below navel), approx. 2 1/2 – 4 ” zipper.
- Mid-Rise: 9 – 11″ Rise. Sits at or just below navel (waistband sits just below navel), approx. 4 1/2 – 6″ zipper.
- Classic Rise (High Rise): 10 1/2 -12″ Rise. Sits just below the waist at the navel.
- High Waisted: 12″ Rise or Greater. Sits at the waist, above the navel.